The Korean Educational Research Association (KERA) as a academic society composed of educational researchers, educational practitioners, and educational institutions intends to contribute to educational improvement by doing research, KERA’s all members as the researchers motivated by the passion of truth seeking are doing their best for the betterment of educational practice by sound researchers. All researchers under the guidelines of democratic ideal have mission of academic excellence and authenticity as well. in this vein educational researcher have duty to fulfill self reflective attitude and highest research ethics. The academic consciousness is the foundation for the academic advancement. With the consensus of all members, KERA here proclaims the Charter of Research Ethics as the code of conducting research.
- 1. Members should participate in the effort to improvement of educational practice with the sense of mission of researchers.
- 2. Members should respect the diversity in perspectives and methodologies and render sound reflection and encouraging attitude toward research outcomes of colleagues.
- 3. Members with open_mindedness should participate in the effort promoting exchange between different disciplines.
- 4. Members are rejecting discrimination against gender, stratification, age, race, and regional differences in conducting research.
- 5. Members with the spirit of intellectual honesty should avoid such wrong doings as unfaithful citation, plagiarism, distortion of data, violation of copyright.
- 6. Members should not abuse information collected during research process and not violate the right of individuals and institutes in relation to research.
- 7. Members should utilize research fund in a transparent way.
- 8. Members with profession and conscience should be fair in the task of review and consultation.
- 9. Members should fulfill members’ duty and participate in the activities of Association.